Enrolments are accepted at any time during the year.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call us on Ph: (03) 9707 7799.
Our school zone
Our school zone is available on Findmyschool.vic.gov.au.
Students residing in this zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address.
The Department provides guidance through the School Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and the freedom to choose other schools, subject to facility limitations.
You can find more information and answers to frequently asked questions on the Department’s website under School zones.
To enrol your child, we need:
- Completed Enrolment form
- Your child’s Birth Certificate
- Immunisation Status Certificate
- Passport and Visa (if your child is born overseas)
- Custody Documentation – if applicable
Prep Students: Children must be five years of age or older by 30 April of the year they start school.
Our school admin staff are happy to photocopy the required documents.
An Alternative Family Form is to be used where your child’s parents/guardians live at separate addresses and/or share the care of your child.
Updating Enrolment Information
Please inform the school, in writing, of any change of address, phone number, email address, place of work, family living arrangements, etc. This is important to keep our records up to date, especially if we need to contact you if your child is sick or injured. It would also be helpful, where possible, to inform the school of two emergency contacts in case you cannot be reached.
Court Orders / Intervention Orders / Parenting Plans
Please inform the school if there are any Court Orders, Intervention Orders or Parenting Plans relating to your child/children. We also require a hard copy of these plans to be kept on file at the school.
Parent payments consist of curriculum contributions, other contributions and extra-curricular items and activities. School council is responsible for developing and approving parent payments in line with the Department’s policy.
There are three areas for which parents may reasonably be requested to make a payment or contribution:
- Curriculum Contributions which include items and activities that students use, or participate in, to access the Curriculum;
- Other Contributions which are non-curriculum items and activities to support the daily operation and objectives of Berwick Chase Primary School;
- Extra-Curricular which include a range of items and activities that enhance or broaden the schooling experience of students and are above and beyond what the school provides in order to deliver the curriculum. These are provided on a user-pays basis.