Berwick Chase Primary School’s Visual Arts program caters for all ages and abilities with an innovative and engaging program. The program provides students with the opportunity to develop their artistic knowledge and techniques, which they can utilise and build on throughout their primary education. Students learn about different artists, their style of work and cultures and use these as inspiration in some of their works.
Students are given the opportunity to work with a range of materials to produce visual art works which communicate their observations, personal ideas, feelings and experiences. Some of the fun mediums students get to explore are:
- Drawing- with different mediums such as pencil, charcoal, pastel and oil pastel
- Printmaking– foam printing, monoprinting and lino printing
- Painting- Acrylic paint, textured paint and inks
- Collage-paper, magazines, mixed media
- 3D Art- Clay, paper mache, paper construction and modrock
- Photography/Computer Art- I pads, laptops and computers
Individual, partner and group team work tasks are used to ensure a positive community spirit. Students are encouraged to reflect and evaluate their artistic achievements- this can be through peer or self-reflections.
Berwick Chase also offers Art electives such as mural art, scrapbooking, photography, street art, and paper craft in Grades 3, 4, 5 and 6, who wish to further enhance their artistic passion.
The Visual Arts program aims to promote FUN while learning in a happy, safe, supportive environment.